In light of the warnings that have been issued with respect to Hurricane Irma, EAPS has decided to inform you of the precautions we are taking to protect our students and to ensure the safety of our entire School community.
· EAPS will close immediately after dismissal on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 as we know many families are planning to leave the area. Aftercare service has been canceled.
· EAPS campus will be closed on Thursday, September 7, 2017 and Friday, September 8, 2017.
Should the weather outlook unexpectedly change or conditions worsen, we will alert you of any changes to our current plan. All parents, students, faculty, and staff should plan to leave campus after dismissal on Wednesday, September 06, 2017. We will make every effort to reschedule meetings and events such as Open House. In the meantime, we appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we take these necessary precautionary measures.
As is our practice, we will follow Broward County Public schools closings. We will continue to monitor the storm diligently and will make a decision about opening after we conduct a thorough assessment of the safety and security of our campus.
EAPS Emergency Communications -Quick Reference
1. If possible, parents and guardians will receive emergency emails and/or text messages using the email address and phone numbers listed on your child’s file.
2. In case you do not receive direct email or text communication from us, please follow the directives of the Broward County School system. To ensure that you are included in mass text messages, please send an email to
to the attention of administration with the following information:
Your first and last name,your cellular/mobile phone number, & the name of your mobile carrier
3. Additional emergency information will be posted on our homepage at www.excelsiorprep.org.
We pray that all EAPS families and their loved ones remain safe. We ask everyone to keep each other in prayer. Psalm 46:1 ~God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.